All transactions and sales with Redfibre are subject to UK law.
By ordering a hosting plan, the client is agreeing to these terms and conditions.
Pricing, Payment & Charges
- Web hosting is billed annually in advance.
- We offer a 30 day money back guarantee on all web hosting packages.
- With the exception of the 30 day money back guarantee detailed above, no refunds can be made on web hosting for any reason including where a client decides to transfer their domain or hosting to another provider part way though a year.
- Domain transfers away from Redfibre are free of charge.
- UK domain names may be transferred to Redfibre free of charge.
- There is a charge of £10.00 + VAT to transfer a .com, .net, .org, .biz or .info domain to Redfibre. This charge extends the registration period by 1 year.
- Domain name registration is chargeable at the time of ordering and may not be cancelled or refunded.
- Prices for domain names can be found here.
- Ordering a domain from us is a request and does not guarantee that Redfibre will be able to register it. A domain should not be considered registered until you have received specific confirmation of its registration. If we are unable to process a request to register a domain, a refund or credit to the value of the amount paid for registration will be provided.
- Redfibre acts your agent when registering domain names. The contract for domain registration is between the client and the relevant Naming Authority. In the case of .uk domain names, this is Nominet UK. For all other domains, this is Enom. By ordering or transferring a domain name, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions set out by the relevant Naming Authority.
- Registration of a .co.uk, .org.uk, .ltd.uk, or .me.uk domain name involves making a contract with Nominet and constitutes acceptance of Nominet’s Terms and Conditions of Domain Name Registration.
- Registration of a .com, .net, .org, .biz, .info, .tv, .eu, .me, .co, .mobi and all other domains offered for registration apart from those ending in .uk constitutes acceptance of the Enom Domain Name Registration Terms and Conditions.
- Redfibre provide no warranty that any internet domain name registered will not infringe upon the rights of any third party and the client indemnifies Redfibre in respect of any such infringements.
- If a .com, .net, .org, .biz, .info, .tv, .eu, .me, .co, .mobi and all other domains offered for registration apart from those ending in .uk, renewal fee remains unpaid after a domain registration expiry date, Enom may, at their discretion, enter the domain name into a state of ‘Extended Redemption Grace Period (ERGP)’, whereby the customer may still renew their domain name, however an additional charge of $250 is levied by Enom. On request Redfibre can invoice the domain owner in order to collect this additional charge levied by Enom (converted to GBP, plus a £15 admin fee) and upon payment of the invoice redeem a domain that is in a redemption state, on the clients behalf.
- Pricing for hosting plans can be found here.
- Prices are subject to periodic review but are nevertheless guaranteed for the term of the hosting package.
- All prices on this site are given in UK £ Sterling and are exclusive of VAT which will be applied to all transactions as required at the current UK rate.
- Payments can be made via Paypal or direct bank transfer. We do not accept payment in the form of cheques.
- We reserve the right to decline or rescind any order or hosting account for any reason without notice. If we cancel an account because we believe it to have been inappropriately used, no refund will be payable.
- Accounts will be renewed automatically unless we receive notice to cancel from the client. Payment must be received before the renewal date to avoid interruption to the hosting service.
- Invoices will only be sent by email.
- If the renewal is not paid when it becomes due, on or before the last day of the service’s billing period and at least 2 requests for payment have been sent out to the client’s last notified email address, then the account will be closed and the domain and content will be deleted from our servers.
- If monies remain outstanding on a client’s hosting account (for items which may include web hosting or chargeable telephone support) and two reminders for payment have been sent, the account will be suspended pending full payment. If payment is not received within a reasonable time the account will be closed and content deleted.
- Support for hosting clients extends as far as the configuration of and use of the web hosting environment.
- Hosting packages include support for the server operating system, and cPanel or similar user interface. We do not provide support for third party software or websites as part of our hosting packages and all such support is chargeable at our standard hourly rate. Whilst we’ll help wherever possible to rectify issues caused by errors on the part of the client, we reserve the right to charge for these at our standard hourly rate.
- Support is available to all customers by email/support ticket. We will acknowledge receipt of requests within 1 working day. Where support is offered by telephone, we do not guarantee to resolve the issue immediately over the phone and will work to the same timescales as detailed below.
- We aim to resolve support requests within 1 working day but this may take longer during busy periods or if the request is complex in nature.
Managed hosting plans
- Clients on managed hosting plans will be subject to the following terms and conditions. These are in addition to the general terms and conditions.
- Managed hosting clients will not be granted access to cPanel or similar interface for managing their hosting account. Configuration changes to managed hosting accounts can only be made by submitting a request either via telephone, email or support ticket. We will endeavour to respond to all such requests within one working day but may take longer for various reasons including the complexity of the request.
- FTP access will be granted to managed hosting clients on the understudying that its use is at the risk of the client. We will assist as much as possible with FTP queries but are unable to repair any damage caused by its incorrect use as part of the free support available to managed hosting clients. Work to fix issues caused by incorrect use of FTP will be charged at our standard hourly rate.
- The installation of one website is included in the cost of a managed hosting plan. No development work can be undertaken as part of the installation. If development work is required this will be charged at our standard hourly rate. The client is responsible for ensuring that all files and databases necessary to install the website are provided and that they work. If it transpires that a website to be moved to our hosting is incompatible with our servers a client may either pay for the necessary work to be undertaken to allow the site to function correctly (if possible) or receive a refund for the amount paid for hosting under our 30 day money back guarantee.
- Telephone support is provided only during the office hours indicated here. In some instances telephone support may not be available during these times and the telephone line may be answered by a telephone answering machine. We will aim to respond to voicemails left for support requests within 1 working day.
Unmanaged Hosting Plans
- Clients on unmanaged hosting plans will be subject to the following terms and conditions. These are in addition to the general terms and conditions.
- Access to cPanel or similar will be provided for unmanaged hosting clients to administer their web hosting.
- Upon ordering, a hosting environment will be provisioned and necessary DNS changes made to the domain. Passwords and logins for cPanel as well as FTP will be sent to the client. All other changes to the configuration of the hosting package will be the responsibility of the client.
- Any work required to configure the hosting environment including, but not limited to, installing websites and setting up mailboxes will be chargeable at our standard hourly rate.
- Telephone support will be chargeable per minute at the rate indicated on our hosting packages page. We will always advise you before charging for telephone support and reserve the right to request payment in the form of a debit or credit card before support may be given.
- We reserve the right to decline any order or cancel any hosting account for any reason without notice. If we cancel an account because we believe it to have been inappropriately used, no refund will be payable.
- The client may cancel their hosting account for any reason within the first 30 days and receive a full refund of the amount paid for the hosting. The cost of any domain registration of transfer will not be refunded. This only applies to hosting accounts and not to any other service offered by Redfibre.
- You may give notice to cancel your hosting account at any time. This notice can only come from the account holder and refunds will not be provided for unused periods which have already been billed.
- We monitor all our servers and have a target uptime of 99.95%. This, however, does not constitute a guarantee. Downtime may occur for a number of reasons and there will be no compensation paid in respect of periods of downtime.
- Whilst we endeavour to take daily backups of all data on our servers, we cannot accept liability for losses incurred as a result of lost data. Clients are strongly advised to maintain regular backups of all their site’s files and databases.
- Hosting accounts are subject to our acceptable use policy. Redfibre reserves the right to state what is and is not acceptable use – the list below is not exhaustive and may change from time to time. Our decision will be final. We reserve the right to terminate any hosting account without notice if we suspect a breach of these terms.
- You are responsible for the content of your web pages, including obtaining the legal permission for any works they include and ensuring that the contents of these pages do not violate any laws.
- Unless you have our explicit written consent, you are not permitted to give away or resell any of your webspace or any other part of your hosting package with Redfibre.
- Any domains which are forwarded to or added to your hosting package (either as the main hosting domain, an add-on or a parked domain) must belong to you, the account holder.
- The following is a list of material which may not be hosted on our servers. This list is not exhaustive and may change from time to time:
- Adult material (the designation of ‘adult’ is at our discretion and includes pornography and advertisements for escort agencies).
- Foul or abusive language.
- Warez (includes pirated software, ROMS, emulators, phreaking, hacking, password cracking. IP spoofing, etc., and encrypting of any of the above. Also includes any sites which provide “links to” or “how to” information about such material).
- Slanderous or libellous statements.
- Promotion of violence or terrorism.
- Racial, sexual, political discrimination.
- You may not install your own chat rooms.
- Accounts that use excessive amounts of system resources that result in degradation of server performance will be subject to suspension or deletion at our discretion.
- We regularly check sites hosted on our servers and any client found to be in breach of these terms will have their hosting account suspended or deleted at our sole discretion.
- You may be charged a fee if you exceed your designated bandwidth. The current charge can be found on our hosting page. If the fee is not paid within 2 weeks, we reserve the right to suspend or cancel your hosting account.
- You are solely responsible for keeping your passwords secure. You must not divulge them to anyone other than those who are undertaking work for you (such as a web consultant or developer). Where you do divulge passwords to any third party, you remain responsible for their correct use.
- If you have an unlimited resource as part of your hosting package, it is subject to the following fair use terms:
- Webspace must not be used for bulk file storage or file sharing. For websites that allow downloading of video, audio or other files we reserve the right to impose a bandwidth limit of 30GB per month.
- You must not use the hosting services in a way which results in an excessive load on the server, including but not limited to running web proxies, using the space for bulk file storage or online backups, or mirroring mass downloads.
- If your use of the Services results in a high load on the server, then in our sole discretion, we may suspend your account until the cause of any such overload is resolved.
- Clients must not participate in any form of un-solicited bulk e-mailing or in sending or distributing spam.
- Clients may not utilise their web hosting package to distribute, advertise or promote software or services that have the primary purpose of encouraging or facilitating unsolicited commercial e-mail or spam.
- Any complaints regarding the provision of web hosting should be made in writing to the details which can be found on our contact page.
- Abuse complaints regarding sites, domains and emails hosted on or originating from our systems should be sent to abuse(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)redfibre.co.uk.
The client agrees that it shall defend, indemnify, save and hold Redfibre harmless from any and all demands, liabilities, losses, costs and claims, including reasonable attorney’s fees asserted against Redfibre, its agents, its customers, officers and employees, that may arise or result from the content of the client’s website including but not limited to any service provided or performed or agreed to be performed or any product sold by customer, its agents, employees or assigns.
The client agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Redfibre against liabilities arising out of; (1) any injury to person or property caused by any products sold or otherwise distributed in connection with Redfibre’s servers; (2) any material supplied by customer infringing or allegedly infringing on the proprietary rights of a third party; (3) copyright infringement and (4) any defective products sold to customer from Redfibre’s servers.